Mel B Voices Her Shrek Regrets and Pregnancy Humiliation

Melanie "Scary Spice" Brown has one big regret this year. She wishes she had passed up the invite to the premiere of ex-boyfriend Eddie Murphy's film, Shrek Forever After, this spring.

In her new reality TV show Mel B: It’s a Scary World, which premieres tonight on the Style Network, the former Spice Girl admits that coming face-to-face with Murphy on the red carpet was difficult. Murphy is the father of her 3-year-old daughter Angel Iris. The two went through a bitter paternity battle over their Angel with Murphy officially being declared Angel's dad.

In a session with a counselor, Mel B opens up about the pregnancy and the decision to attend the premiere.

"We got asked to go to the Shrek premiere and I didn't expect her real biological father to all of a sudden pop back into our life," she reveals. "In my mind I fought so hard for justice at the very beginning of my pregnancy. I was hanging my head in shame because people were going, 'Is that the father or isn't it?' Do I really want to be on a red carpet yet again, entertaining everybody else's world, like, 'We're a happy family' and 'Ooh, Eddie's back in our life?'"

The entire decision process brought back all the pain from her pregnancy that Mel was ultimately able to work through.

"I had no choice," she says. "It brings up all that pain and all that hurt that I went through by myself, pregnant. I had to move to the beach, I had paparazzi following me everywhere, I had people calling me a golddigger, saying that I got pregnant on purpose; it was a horrible time."

Look for Mel B: It’s a Scary World debut tonight at 7 / 8 CST on the Style network.
Related Posts

Add a comment Hide it